Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Review: Indelible by Dawn Metcalf

Indelible (The Twixt, #1)Title: Indelible
Author: Dawn Metcalf
Release Date: 30th July 2013
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Find on: Goodreads

Quick ReviewSome things are permanent.

Indelible.

And they cannot be changed back.

Joy Malone learns this the night she sees a stranger with all-black eyes across a crowded room—right before the mystery boy tries to cut out her eye. Instead, the wound accidentally marks her as property of Indelible Ink, and this dangerous mistake thrusts Joy into an incomprehensible world—a world of monsters at the window, glowing girls on the doorstep, and a life that will never be the same.

Now, Joy must pretend to be Ink’s chosen one—his helper, his love, his something for the foreseeable future...and failure to be convincing means a painful death for them both. Swept into a world of monsters, illusion, immortal honor and revenge, Joy discovers that sometimes, there are no mistakes.


Somewhere between reality and myth lies…

THE TWIXT


Detailed Review: Three words describe how I felt after reading Indelible: awed, amazed, astounded. This book really took me by surprise because it was something new for me and it was fresh air. I enjoyed this book immensely. The story was perfect, with twists that make your heart pound. Let's just say, the author really quicken things up when it starts to get dull, and I appreciate this ability in authors. This means it will never bore the readers.


I also loved the romance because she clearly created one which was both surreal and impossible. She completely abandons the idea of 'forbidden love' and instead create more boundaries and stakes to an extent where it becomes 'impossible'. This book was a really new experience to me and really exposed me to the author's imagination.

The characters were really elaborately thought out, I couldn't find anything odd with them or anything that sticks out, they just fit in so well with the story and went with the flow without inhibiting it. Joy was an impressive character, she was as the author wrote: 'She was a wildflower with bite' and I agree. And also the pair of Scribes were really interesting and intriguing and have got really odd but mesmerising names: Indelible Ink and Invisible Inq. I liked Inq's encouragement and her ability to always be so happy. What I liked most about Ink was his curiosity about humans because this was what got him closer to Joy and created a spark of romance.

I think Joy really didn't regret being Ink's lehman in the end. I wouldn't also. 

Brief Review: I was outright blown away by this book, by the romance, the story, the characters. Armed with twists at the most unexpected of times, get ready for a fun ride together with the characters. 

Final Rating: 5/5 'Totally Amazing!'









QUOTE:

 I am going to use a quote from the book, which perfectly describes Joy,

'She was a wildflower with bite.'

Your Reviewer:






2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh great review! Now I am really intrigued! :)

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good review. I will have to get this book.

    ReplyDelete